Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 26, 2013 "My Story" begins

Lyndy-lightful lessons on the Farm
God is growing me!

Today the newly harvested onions spoke to me:  "My onion body was nurtured securely in Mother Earth, while I stretched up my green leaves prayerfully to Father Sun.  I need BOTH parents.  But now, out of the ground, apart from the soil, and hidden in the shade, I await my once vibrant and lush leaves to wither, shrink and fall off, like a baby's umbilical cord.  This separation from my Creator enables me to fulfill the purpose of my creation.  To be used as delicious food!  If properly stored, I have the capability to last for many weeks!"

  As I went into the enclosed yard of our young chickens, to feed them some fresh-picked lettuce greens, they scattered in fear. I verbalized the thought that was hanging in the air. "Are you really afraid of me?  Come here sweet friends, come and eat.  You know me, I'm the one who brings you the food which you need.  And you want the food!  Is that how I am with The Lord?  I go close enough for the "food" He offers me, but nothing else?  Why don't you chickens come TO me and find out if there's something MORE?  I could take you to many areas in the garden so you can feast on bugs.  You would love that!  Your natural pest control desires would serve the Farm so much better!  It's like me going to The Lord and asking what He wants or needs from me or what He wants to teach me or blessings He has for me.  I can even say THANK YOU!"

I patiently prepare the soil for new crops.  The weeds are thick with tangled roots.  The carrots are old and over grown, even going to seed.  The sunflowers are 7 and 8 feet high!  They look like giant guardians of the garden.  God patiently prepares me for the abundant newness He plans to plant inside me.  I wish my outside work was done.  I wish there wasn't so much of it!  I wish it was easier!    I love who and what I am becoming as I submit to God's garden working it's growth miracle within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment