Sunday, June 30, 2013

Joy in Pain

 Saturday, June 29, 2013
I work in the family garden area, first thing this morning.  It's hot.  Salty sweat stings as it drips into my eyes.  The bamboo shade offers occasional relief.  My heart surges with hope and satisfaction as my weeding efforts restore order and beauty to the walking paths and the planted rows.  Even as I see and kill many squash bugs on the cucumber vines, I proclaim, "they that be with me are MORE than be with you!" And "the Lord rebukes the devourer for my sake!"  Add photo here.
Though I experienced discomfort, I simultaneously experienced the exhilaration of victory!  A job well done!
During the afternoon, I am inside, peeling and preparing tomatoes for canning.  Our harvest is abundant and we are utilizing it for future use.  I experience more heat, this time from the stove and the boiling water, during the processing.  More work, more discomfort, but the over riding effect is exhilaration!  I love the finished product! Add photo here.
How is it possible to feel joy while in pain?  Would I stop the natural law which allows me to have joy as I do something hard and right?  This is a fascinating principle!
When the Great Mediator paid the law of justice, for the imperfect choices made by all men, He did so with tender mercy, in pain-filled agony, perfect empathy, and pure love.  And eternal JOY!

Joy in pain.  There is infinite joy, always available, especially in hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment