Saturday, June 29, 2013

Do I REALLY want to be a Farmer?

     Bryce and I are being mentored by Antoinette Montandon.  She asked us to clarify our vision, to set short and long term Farm goals, and be familiar with the pattern of creation.
     In our first joint discussion, Bryce verbalized these questions, pleading that we be VERY CLEAR on the answers:
     1-Do we really want to be Farmers?
     2-What are our reasons for being Farmers?
     3-When I wake up in the morning, do I WANT to be a Farmer, or something else?
     4-Am I willing to give the effort needed to BE a Farmer?
     5-Is being a Farmer the way I want to serve?

    I REALLY want to please God! 
And so, the reasons I REALLY want to utilize our gifts of Providence is to 
Nurture Families, especially mine(all people are part of God's Family),
Embrace American Freedom,
Promote Vibrant Health, in myself and others,
Be Self Reliant and involved with Community Interdependence,
Sustain a balance with Nature.

     When I wake up in the morning, I repeat the words:
     I REJOICE!
     I'm HAPPY!
     I AM ABUNDANTLY GRATEFUL!
     To be God's beloved Daughter, His Masterpiece of infinite worth!

     During the events of any given day, there is SOME work to do on the Farm.  Even when I am tired or hot or uncomfortable, or pressed with other stewardships, and especially if I think I want to be doing something else, I spend time tending the Farm.  Can I still be happy if I'm having such a hard time doing the Farm work?  Even when Bryce and I are struggling to be united, struggling to be accepting of each other's imperfect and incomplete efforts?  YES!!  Will God rob me of this invaluable experience because I don't like it sometimes? NO!
     Most days I fall into bed exhausted!  I wish things were easier, that someone else was doing all this leg work, this mind work, but I REALLY love who I am becoming through this refining!

     Yes, I really want to be a Farmer, because, here is where I am pleasing God.  I am happy in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment