Friday, June 28, 2013

Farmers Market June 27, 2013

Joshua and I loved serving our regular customers and meeting new friends.  We LOVE sharing delicious, fresh-picked, seasonal, better-than-organic veggies to promote their health!
One person, who had the deepest impact on me yesterday, was a woman who spoke only to Joshua.  I was paying attention to someone else at the same moment.  She told Joshua that she wouldn't buy anything from us and wouldn't believe that we grow the food organically.  She said she had a friend who visited our farm and claimed we were spraying "round up" on the plants.
Joshua pronounced that there is NO round up on our property and we NEVER use it!!
OH!  I wish I could have explained!
We use a sprayer with the words "Round Up" printed on the side, since that is the company that manufactured that product.  What I was spraying on the plants was a good dose of SEA KELP, as a foliar  feed.  When the friends stopped by and saw me, I explained that.  Then I paused my work and took the couple on a short farm tour.  I wish they would have addressed their concern directly with me, instead of jumping to a false conclusion.  I would have GLADLY opened the sprayer and let them smell the rich earthly aroma of the sea kelp, sold to us by another local farmer, Leslie Doyle, Then the truth would be known.
Oh!  How I ache that someone would think we are not living true to our word!  How how I wish they appreciated how hard we work, how much I long for a weed free farm!!  (If the visitor-friends were truly observant, they would see how many weeds are here!  If we used round up, those weeds wouldn't be here!).  but alas! We are 4 and there is work for 40!    I thank the angels who offer assistance and support, instead of mis-informed judgment!  Meadow Valley Farm can use LOTS the loving help!

No comments:

Post a Comment